Wednesday 24 December 2014

Soviet Support


Blimey, been a while since I updated this! (and yet no more Normans have since been painted…)

Since the last update, I’ve been well and truly back on the Cold War swing. I’ve managed to finish a couple of support weapons for the Soviet Motor Rifles force I’ve been putting together to face my BAOR on the plains of Northern Germany. Both are from the superlative Elhiem range, and will soon be joined by a couple of AGS-17 Automatic Grenade Launchers and an 82mm mortar.

First up, an AT-5 ATGM and crew, down among the weeds hunting Chieftains…

Secondly, the old faithful DShK 12.7mm HMG. Dunno quite where these fit into the TO&E of an 80’s MRR right enough (equally, BMP regiments didn’t appear to deploy ground mounted  ATGM teams, I’ve since discovered), however, I’m sure I’ll find a use for it somewhere (barrage battalions, anyone?)…

Insert

With the addition of these elements, the Soviet force is slowly taking shape, and is heading towards a playable entity.

Cheers,
Iain

No comments:

Post a Comment